Colorful, Lovable & Effective Curriculum
Chapter 1, Lesson 1
Lesson Guides, Worksheets, Sheet Music
The core curriculum inside Preschool & Primary Prodigies comes complete with lesson guides, sheet music & workbook pages.
Check out the “Hello C” section above and find both “Hello C” videos below.
“Hello C” Lesson Video
Meet Mr. Rob & our home base note Do in “Hello C”
“Hello C” Performance Track
Instruction free practice video with multiple instruments notated
The Benefits of a Music Education…
How Playing an Instrument Benefits Your Brain – Anita Collins & TED Ed
Did you know that playing a musical instrument is like doing a full body workout for your brain?
It’s a life-long skill that promotes cognitive, social and emotional development while bringing fun and joy to the whole family! And with the Prodigies Playground, you’ll be on your way in no-time.
Pitch Development in Young Children
Ever wonder what it takes to give children a knack for music? It’s really all about meaningful play with individual music notes, during the critical years of auditory development.
And while that might sound fancy, it’s a simple method thats highly effective & super easy for non-musicians to teach to their kids.
Learn more about “Meaningful Play with Pitch” in our free eBook, Raising a Young Musician.
How it Works
Prodigies Videos & Apps
At it’s core, Prodigies is a library of 400+ video music lessons that are available through a digital membership.
You can even take the videos offline using our tablet and mobile apps (iOS & Android) or with MP4 downloads via our Pro Plus Membership!
These colorful deskbells are the ideal starting instrument for young children. They’re easy enough for babies to play and professional enough for adults to enjoy.
They stay in tune, they are difficult to break and most importantly, they allow you to focus on a single (or a select few) musical notes at a time.
The Deskbells are also super accessible to adults & kids with special needs because they’re tactile, colorful and don’t require a ton of fine motor control.
The colors of the bells make identifying musical notes easy which helps build confidence, increases enjoyment and predictability in the instrument, and as a result, helps develop a strong musical ear.
Plus, our Prodigies Deskbells are backed by a 2 year, 3 bell replacement policy! Bells are sold separately from books and memberships but you can shop our kits for bundled savings.
The Solfege Hand Signs
The Solfege (Curwen) hand signs give kids a kinesthetic action to associate with each musical note.
This helps children focus on their singing and even helps develop absolute (perfect) pitch!
It also provides an instrument free way to practice with a vast majority of the videos inside of Prodigies!
The video lessons are paired step-by-step with integrated workbooks and songsheets.
The workbooks give children a chance to practice the songs at their own pace, guide students in writing their own songs, and reinforce cross curricular skills like patterning, writing, simple math and more.
Our songbooks provide a concise collection of kid-friendly classics that are perfect for performances, learning new songs and practicing old favorites.
While almost all of the songbook songs have corresponding videos, they are not directly integrated with the progression of the workbooks and are meant more as supplemental collections and kid-favorites.
Though Prodigies is designed around a set of colorful bells, the videos and curriculum can be easily used with a piano or any keyboard/mallet instrument.
All it takes is some inexpensive color coded stickers and any piano is instantly Prodigies friendly. You can complete the curriculum once with the bells, and go back a second time through with the piano.
The color coding system we use matches the worlds most popular classroom instrument, Boomwhackers.
Boomwhackers are great in a group setting where each kid gets 1 or 2 notes to play, or as a means of building a xylophone, but they’re less ideal for one person, as they involve holding and striking the tube to play it, which makes it difficult to play more than 2-3 notes quickly.Shop Boomwhackers
Playback Speed Control
If you’re streaming videos on our website, you can control the Playback speed giving you more control of the difficulty and pacing of your lessons.
This feature is currently only available on our web platform, but is coming to our mobile and TV platforms soon.
Curriculum Structure, Scope & Sequence
Tour the Index
Take a quick walkthrough of the Prodigies Index to get a good idea for the feel and flow of the program.
You can also visit the Prodigies Index here at any time for an up-to-date look at all of our videos.
Prodigies is aligned with the Head Start Child Development & Early Learning Framework, as well as with Elementary Music Standards from NAfME.
- Error-proof Learning
- • color-coded videos & sheet music
- • easy to play instruments
- • play based exploration of pitch and rhythm
- Meaningful Play with Individual Notes
- • builds life-long sense of pitch, especially for kids 2-6
- • develops the almost magical skills associated with perfect (absolute) pitch
- • heavy emphasis on ear-training during the critical years for auditory development
- Brain Based Vocabulary & Instruction
- • kinesthetic hand-signs to go with pitch
- • learn music through numbers (scale degrees), note names (C D E), Solfege (Do Re Mi), Hand-signs and Colors
- No musical background required
- • Easy for parents at home who want to teach their kids music
- • Engaging & easy to implement in the preschool classroom
- • Advanced material for elementary music teachers
Your Kids Will…
- • Develop a strong sense for pitch, rhythm and music
- • Practice memorized pitch skills using the Solfege Hand-Signs
- • Learn to play their first musical instrument
- • Learn to read music in a fun, colorful and stress-free way
- • Sing about colors, numbers, letters and Solfege
- • Write songs & complete cross curricular activities
- • Fall in love with the language and art of music
How It Works…
- • Prodigies combines bells, step-by-step workbooks and over 400 video music lessons to deliver the music education of a lifetime
- • Students focus on the fundamental building blocks of music in ways that are developmentally appropriate, memorable and fun
- • Prodigies focuses on the power concept of giving children “meaningful exposure to individual musical notes during the critical years of auditory development” which heps to develop a life-long sense of perfect pitch
- • Prodigies is accessed through your web browser, so simply fire up your computer, tablet or phone, visit PreschoolProdigies.com/Play and start #HappyMusicing
Why It Works…
- • Prodigies is color coded for error-proof learning and combines the most successful, friendly and modern approaches to music education
- • Prodigies presents the language of music in a way that’s accessible and fun and prone to lots of repetition
- • Playing a musical instrument is considered “a full body workout for your brain” and so the skills practiced with Prodigies helps all areas of cognitive development
- • Prodigies focuses on “meaningful play with pitch” while kids are still developing their sense for pitch and language and therefore is more effective than most music program
See Perfect Pitch In Action
Even if you have no musical background, you can give your kids the music education of a lifetime with Prodigies!
Check out our good buddy Boo, who has one amazing musical ear! Boo started using Prodigies at age 2 and developed his sense of perfect pitch in a year and half.
Results vary from child to child of course, but study after study shows that toddlers and preschoolers can develop their sense for absolute pitch much better than adults can.
What’s Inside Prodigies…
- • 400+ Video Music Lessons inside Preschool Prodigies, Primary Prodigies, PsP Melodies, Recorder Prodigies & Holiday Prodigies
- • 700+ pages of printable sheet music and curriculum worksheets (Pro & Lifetime)
- • Parent/Teacher resources including training videos, printable curriculum elements, read more sections, Prodigies calendar, lesson guides, video annotations and more
- • Marketing Materials and affiliate opportunities for Pro & Lifetime Members
- • Preview our library of video lessons at ProdigiesMusic.com/index
What Teachers Are Saying
We at Prodigies believe we have one of the best music education products in the world, but don’t take our word for it!
|Stream all 400+ videos||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Download/print all PDFS||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Download all MP4s||✔️||✔️|
Monthly & Yearly Options
Pro Plus & Lifetime Options
Why Buy From Prodigies?
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Our products are backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and a generous return policy. We’re only happy if you’re happy, so if Prodigies doesn’t work out for you and your kids, simply let us know and we will help you out.
Pause or Cancel Anytime
Easily control your subscription, payments and your account from ProdigiesMusic.com/my-account.
Fast Shipping & Automatic Tracking Updates
We work hard to ensure timely delivery and to make sure you get tracking updates sent to your inbox.
Family Owned & Operated
Prodigies is a family owned and operated company. Your purchases help us continue to create new music lessons, develop new series & improve our curriculum.
Our Customers Love Us
From the kids using the program to the parents and teachers implementing it, people love Prodigies. Read more testimonials below or check out our 5 Star Reviews on Facebook!
What Customers Are Saying
“We homeschool our 5 and 7 year old boys, and we knew we wanted to include music education classes at some point, and we figured we’d just take classes that were available locally. But then I saw the Preschool Prodigies videos on YouTube and how my kids LOVED them, so I looked into the program.
The Lifetime Membership was a no-brainer when we compared the cost of two kids to attend weekly classes locally–for about the cost of one year of weekly group instruction, we could get instant access to music lessons and practice materials that my kids can use DAILY–and for many years to come!
We love everything about the PsP program–the workbooks, the videos, the bells. My kids are playing and singing with solfege, handsigns, numbers, colors, and the note letter names! They are speaking a whole new language! We are so impressed with how quickly can effectively they are learning!”
“Wow! This program is amazing and my kids who are 6, 4 and 2 absolutely love it! They are learning so much and always want it on. As a musician myself this is such a great all rounded package with the videos downloadable sheets and lesson plans for parents covering so much about music and theory in a really fun way.
Can’t believe my two year old actually sings solfege – I remember doing it at music college! So much fun and really pleased with the lifetime membership as I know the cost of music lessons myself and this can grow with them and they can access it whenever we want. Thank you preschool prodigies! And as my kids now say to everyone cya later cya later cya cya later!!!
“We decided to invest in the lifetime membership and I’m so happy we did. My three year olds are slowly picking up rhythm and direction following so it’s nice to be know we will have all of these resources to meet them at their level and take as much time as we want.
We have seen a love of music blossom and rhythm start to emerge. I love how easy the program is because I have no musical training, so I can still work with my kids, and I’m learning too! I recommend this program to everybody because I think the value is there.”
“We’ve been using this program all summer and my 4 ye old daughter and 4 yr old nephew live their lesson time! We start off with the workbooks take a break for snack then finish with the videos. Great program and awesome guide for parents to facilitate the lessons easily.”
– Gina Rodriguez
COPYRIGHT YOUNG MUSIC LLC 2019
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
Try Prodigies Music Lessons for 60 Days. If you don’t like it, we’ll refund every penny.
Obviously, we think Preschool Prodigies™ is super awesome, but we’ll admit we’re a little biased. That’s why we invite you to try Prodigies Music for 60 days.
If it doesn’t work like you had imagined, simply let us know and we’ll refund your purchase price. No hard feelings. How does that sound?
We also offer a 30 Day Return Period on instruments, and if you receive a set of bells where one isn’t working, we’ll send you a replacement bell right away!
Prodigies Music and Young Music LLC are a family owned and operated company. As long-time educators, our students, schools and families are very important to us, and we make it a point to provide outstanding customer service to all of our customers!
You can usually find Mr. Rob & the Prodigies Team in the bottom-right chat window here on the site (most weekdays and even on many weekends).
You can also visit our support documentation and FAQs here, and we are often available by phone at (302) 307-1997.
If we miss your call, leave us a message (ideally with your name, phone & e-mail address) and we will get back to you shortly!