Draw the Prodigies Playground with Free Coloring Pages & Our First Ever Art Contest!
Don’t you love all the fun backgrounds that the Prodigies team creates for the videos? The bells can be found at the beach, on the playground, in outer space, and many other places! Wouldn’t it be fun to learn how to draw your very own background? Today we’re going to show you how to draw a simple Springtime background featuring three of your favorite bells! We’re going to take you step-by-step so that you can create a masterpiece! Ready? Let’s go!
Grab a sheet of drawing paper, pencil, and eraser (it’s okay to make mistakes!). You’ll probably want to add some color once you’re done. So, go ahead and grab some crayons or markers too! We’ll be drawing simple objects such as a tree, flowers, sunshine, a ball, and, of course, bells!
Ready, set, draw!
1. Draw a circle for the sun with straight lines for the rays. Don’t forget a happy smile! If you have trouble drawing a circle, tracing the bottom of a cup works great!
2. Draw some grass! You can draw a straight line or make it curvy to create a hill!
3. Add a tree with cherry blossoms! Draw several “U’s” to make the top of the tree and then add two lines to form the trunk. Next, draw some circles to make cherry blossoms, fruit, etc.
4. Draw a few flowers in the grass! Draw a circle, and then draw tiny “U’s” to make the petals. Add as many flowers as you want!
5. Draw a circle to make a ball for the bells to play with! Add a design!
6. Draw some bells! This is the hardest step but I know you can do it! Draw a “C” to make the bottom of the bell. The “C” will lay on its side in the grass. Next, draw an upside-down “U” to make the bell’s head. Draw a tiny circle on the top and add a happy face! Don’t forget to write in the note name in the tiny circle at the top!
7. Add some more flowers with stems sticking out of the grass! Draw a circle with “U’s” for petals and a line for the stem!
8. Lastly, give one of the bells a fun kite! Draw a diamond then add a curvy line for the string. Add little ribbons down the string!
Once it’s drawn, add some color! You can use crayons, markers, paint, etc. to make your drawing come to life! Pop the finished product into a cute frame and display it in your home!
Do you have a younger child who is having some difficulty drawing the bells? That’s okay! I had a little trouble too! Try using our FREE bell printable! Your child can draw the rest of the picture, and then cut out the bells and paste them onto their artwork! Or, if your child isn’t quite ready for drawing, you can print out this scene as a coloring page! Just enter your email address below, and we’ll send you the downloads!
Prodigies Drawing Contest
Would you like to see your very own drawing used as a background for a future Prodigies video? Submit your creation to us, and we will choose the top 3 that are the most imaginative and creative! Don’t draw the same background we’ve shown you today. Instead, come up with your own creative background! Whether it’s bells on the farm, bells going camping, bells going shopping….anything is great! We just want to see your ideas!
Here’s what the winners will receive:
First Place – a set of bells
Second Place – a set of boomwhackers
Third Place – a Prodigies songbook of your choice
All three winners will have their art showcased as a backdrop for an upcoming Prodigies video!
Take a picture of your child’s drawing and email it to [email protected] on or before April 30th. On May 1st, we will announce the 3 winners! We look forward to seeing your creations! As always, happy musicing, happy drawing, and happy creating!
Hey everyone! Mr. Rob here with a very special, YouTube exclusive, episode of Prodigies! Today we have a playalong track for "Remember Me" from Disney Pixar's 2017 film Coco. Presented in the Orff style, this playalong track is arranged for one-octave C Major...
Don't go Back to School without Prodigies for your music classroom! Take advantage of 33% Off Prodigies Lifetime, 25% off Go & Pro Memberships, 15% off Books, 10% off Bells, and Special Bundle Savings throughout the Prodigies Shop! LAST Chance to Enroll in Prodigies...
This week, we're proud to announce a brand-new, streamlined and simplified Refer a Friend program for Prodigies! This program will help you earn store credit to spend on bells, books and whatever else you'd like from PreschoolProdigies.com, while hopefully helping to...
Summer Giveaway #2: Recorder Prodigies Book 1 - 15 Winners $15 Value | Enter Between Thursday August 9th and Sunday August 20st | Winner Announced August 21st a Rafflecopter giveaway For Summer Giveaway #2, 15 lucky winners will receive Recorder Prodigies Book 1!...
Looking for some ways to deck out your music classroom for the new school year? We have put together a list of fresh ideas that you can implement in your room! In this list, you’ll find just a little bit of everything from bulletin boards to organizational systems,...
Getting ready for Back to School? Decorate your music room with these colorful posters! Colorful Solfege Hand-Sign Poster Colorful Recorder Fingering...
Launch Day Has Arrived Update #1 - July 30th, 10:22 PM HST After years of building up our library of colorful and interactive music lessons on PreschoolProdigies.com, we're heading to the small screen with apps apps app! A brand-new Prodigies app is rolling out to...
Orchestral Fun for Kids! Young children might surprise you how well they pick up on pitches and timbres (the sound that instruments make). Playing classical and jazz “high information music” has a marked effect in brain activity, and if you play this music during...
Inspiring Children to Love Music Chocolates, cards, and little stuffed animals….it’s almost Valentine’s Day! Did you know that there are plenty of ways to inspire your children to LOVE music? So, along with your Valentine gifts, give your kiddos the gift...