Introducing Playground Lesson Plans
1.1 – Hello C
Over the next few days, we’re going uploading brand new lesson plans for expanding on each video lesson inside the PsP Playground. The plans are designed for teachers using Preschool Prodigies with a group of students. Each lesson plan elaborates on the videos by giving teachers
- lesson objectives
- lesson rationale
- materials needed
- minute by minute instruction
- supplemental activities and games
- summarizing strategies
- teacher reflection
We are looking forward to working with more teachers than ever this year and we hope that these lesson plans will prove effective in your classrooms!
It’s worth pointing out that whether you are a parent, grandparent, babysitter, or teacher, the lesson plans will contain valuable information for expanding on the lessons in the Playground. Here at PsP, we try to distinguish between those who are parents doing the program at home, and those who are teachers working in a classroom. We understand that not everyone is as easily classifiable as that and that chances are, you are both parent and teacher or somewhere in-between.
So as a general rule of thumb, when we talk about teachers here at PsP, we’re talking about people who
- want minute by minute lesson plans
- communicate with multiple parents, directors and administrators
- are consistently working with a class full of children (as opposed to two or three kids at home or in a smaller private setting)
When we talk about parents, we’re generally talking about people who
- are looking for fun and educational activities to do at home
- have more regular but probably shorter practice opportunities (i.e. 10-20 minutes of music time right before bed)
- are a bit more child centered about their music time (i.e. work with the child’s favorite songs, allowing the child go at their own pace, etc)
Lifetime Members will find the .pdf’s of the lesson plans inside the Lifetime Members area. We’ll be releasing a Chapter 1-4 .pdf as soon as we look it over a couple more times and we’ll be following up with Chapters 5-8 in September.
The lesson plans will also be available as digital downloads in our shop for anyone who wants to combine them with a monthly or yearly Playground plan.
We’ll also be adding parent correspondence letters for teachers who want to send home PsP updates to the parents of their students! You can see a sample below.
We will be adding the parent correspondence to each individual lesson inside Playground (inside the Journey, just underneath the video lesson), and also as a bigger .PDF download.
The parent correspondence is essentially a summary of the lesson, the objectives of each lesson, the rationale behind the lesson and some follow questions and activities to do either with your kids.
Have a look at the lesson plan and the workbook pages for “Hello C” below and let us know what you think in the comments at the bottom of the page!